History

Welcome to GameMasters Guild!

GameMasters Guild is your local source for ROLEPLAYING GAMES, COLLECTIBLE CARD GAMES, GAMING ACCESSORIES, AND MORE!
GameMasters Guild was originally founded on Saturday, May 28th, 2005 at the Crestview Super Flea Market. In the beginning the Guild was nothing more than a few open air tables that were set up and taken down every Saturday and Sunday. Much of the product came from our own personal collection and from the occasional purchased collection. Even though it was small, we knew we had committed to something bigger. An idea. At that time there was no true gamestore in Crestview. Both of us saw more than just some tables of merchandise at a simple flea market. We saw its potential. Not merely what it was, but what it could become. Not just for us, but for everyone else in the gamer community. The Guild grew slowly.
Six months later we moved into two large lockable booths at the same flea market. This allowed us to have more room for additional product and keep it conveniently stored on site. The Guild continued to slowly attract attention by providing a reliable source for roleplaying games, collectible card games, gaming accessories, and more! It was during this time that our customer base slowly began to grow. Unfortunately, the end of 2006 led to the closing of the flea market, along with GMG. However, the Guild would one day rise again.
On Saturday, September 1st, 2007, only eight months after the closing of the Crestview Super Flea Market, GameMasters Guild became a reality once more, but this time at a fixed location on mainstreet. It was small, only around 500sq feet, but it was home. There wasn’t room for much and a third of that was devoted to play space. During this time we both worked both of our day jobs and ran GMG at night. Back then the store opened at 6:30pm and stayed open until 9:30pm on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and noon to 7pm on Sunday. Eventually we also opened on Wednesdays and changed Sunday’s time to noon to 6pm.
After three more years we moved to a larger location just around the corner on Woodruff avenue. This time the Guild grew in size to 1500 sq feet. This time half of the store was dedicated to play space. About a year later Val was able to leave her day job and run GMG full time. Around this time we were able to increase our hours and became more available to our community. Dave still continued his day job to help allow the Guild to grow and as an extra measure of financial security.
After seven and a half years, on January 8th 2015, we were able to make our biggest move yet into an awesome new facility on PJ Adams Pkwy on the south side of town. We increased our hours yet again and now have 2500 sq feet of play space and 1500 sq feet of showroom! On April 28th 2017 Dave was able to leave his day job and join the Guild fulltime!
We are evermore grateful to everyone that has kept us alive and well to this day. As we continue to grow, we want to thank all of our customers – past, present, and future – for making GMG a success!